Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
.D.E

Default Black brush algae from hell

Yesterday a 30% water change was done. I added 2.5 ml of Tropica Master
grow.
I've also added some PH Stable from SeaChem to help with the KH. I've been
using these products for over 2 years now and haven't had any previous
problems.

I spent an hour picking affected gravel off the bottom.
I'm not going to add any additional Iron to the tank as soon as I do, BBA
appears within hours. I'm not kidding.

I've been using a product called Aquarium Stuff to remove the chlorine.
Again for well over 2 years.

I've added a few new plants to the tank. I've noticed that they did well
initially, but the broad leaved ones like Hygrophylia have started to get
holes in the leaves and look yellowish. I'm sure this is a nutrient problem,
but adding iron will only cause the BBA to increase.

I'm going to slowly add more Tropica Master grow during the week.

Any other suggestions anyone?

--
Later.

D.E.

Have a better one.

To email me back, simply remove "Forget.The.Spam" from my address.