Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Dave Millman

Default Black brush algae from hell

".D.E" wrote:

Recommendations on how to raise the GH? Baking Soda only raises the PH I've
found. Right now it's at ~7.2 and I don't want it to go any higher.

GH and KH are unreleated. You can raise GH quite effectively in a planted tank
with Kent RO Right (which I use and recommend) or Seachem Equilibrium.

Any other suggestions?

In summary:

* Your CO2 is low. Increase it to 15ppm+
* Your Iron is low. PMDD or Flourish Iron.
* You have no traces. PMDD or Flourish.
* Your GH is low. RO Right or Equilibrium.
* You are changing too much water. Once a week is fine.

This thread started just 48 hours ago. Work on these issues, give it time.

Start your reading he

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm