Old 20-12-2011, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens,aus.gardens

Default The Christmas Kooka

David E. Ross wrote:
La Nino is the boy child who comes to visit at Christmas some years
and who takes our rain. Here is one of the rare visitors of a La
Nina year when it is wet. This season makes your tomatoes and
squash wilt with fungus. You will note the distinctive lichen which
develops only during high humidity and constant showers, there is
some on the post too. It only lasts a week, already it seems she
has had too much holiday spirit and some of the growth has fallen
out. By Sunday she will be back to her old self.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j444/HareScott/

Happy holiday!

David

Where I live, El Niņo brings rain, sometimes torrential. My hill
tried to become part of my lawn during two different El Niņo winters.
See my http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_back.html#hill.

La Niņa brings drought.

So you are on the west coast of the USA? That's how it works, when the bath
water sloshes up one end it is down at the other. I bet you don't get
kookaburras with red crests though.