Old 18-08-2011, 01:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Papyrus in pond?

On 8/16/2011 8:19 AM, ~ jan wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:36:44 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

I got three dwarf papyrus plants from my son. They seem to be
thriving in their pots. Has anyone tried them either standing in a
pot in a stream or wetfoot in a pot actually in the pond?

I thought papyrus was suppose to be in the pond? These are not? I've had
the big version in the pond, have never seen dwarf, bet they would do great
in a stream. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

They do well but can't take it during the winter if it gets really cold.
I used to over winter them inside but always seemed to get red spider
mites on them. Then, I started leaving them outside. All went well until
it got really cold one year.

JB