Old 22-08-2011, 12:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Papyrus in pond?

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:17:53 EDT, JB wrote:

They do well but can't take it during the winter if it gets really cold.
I used to over winter them inside but always seemed to get red spider
mites on them. Then, I started leaving them outside. All went well until
it got really cold one year.

JB

Regarding bugs coming in on tropical plants, this year I'm spraying mine
with a systemic once they come out of the pond for their stay inside. It
will have dissipated by the time spring rolls around. Bet that would work
on papyrus also. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us