Old 15-10-2011, 02:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Helping frogs survive winter

The sand is going to be on the bottom of the pond, so yeah... it's gonna be
wet. Personally I don't see the need, but I could wrong. I have tree frogs
here and they winter in the yard under mulch/leaves. ~ jan

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:02:40 EDT, nik Simpson wrote:

I just saw a recommendation about adding a tray of sand to help frogs

survive winter. Anybody know anymore about this, should the sand be wet,

how much sand depth? etc.

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us