Old 23-12-2011, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default I have been given an olive tree

Janet wrote:
My olive is how about a metre high and across; would be twice that but
prune it quite hard; it grows about a foot every year. The trunk is
getting thick and gnarly, looks great. It flowered last years but no fruit

When do you prune? I've got an olive in a pot that is about 2 or 3 years
old, it gets as far as tiny little fruit every year, but doesn't go any
further. It's getting a bit one-sided and thought I ought to prune it back,
but haven't got to finding out how and when to do it yet.

Advice from someone who's managed to not kill one always appreciated. ;-)