Old 27-12-2011, 07:03 PM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Pruning a schefflera

On Dec 26, 6:10*pm, wrote:
I have a potted schefflera that has gotten too tall. If I prune it,
will it come back from the cut? If so:

Where should I cut, green part or woody part?

When? Now or when the sun is stronger? It's in a west-facing
greenhouse wall until after last frost, when it goes on a south-facing
deck.

There are three stems, about 3/4" each. Should I cut all at once or do
one and let it get a foothold before doing the next?

Are you wanting to cut back height or bushyness? I always just cut the
green but I am sure you can do both. I would hit it with some Miracle
Grow after you trim it up. Sun shouldn't matter