Old 30-12-2011, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens,aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default The Christmas Kooka

PhoenixWench wrote:

I am so jealous ;-)
Granted I have lots of wonderful wildlife here in the Catskills of New
York, but I guess anyone undervalues the commonplace and yours sound so
marvelously exotic ;-)
Happily I haven't been dealing with any Whippoorwills lately - their
song is loud, monotonous and endless, usually at about 3AM :-P

'Exotic'?

I would *so* love to see a Hummingbird!

And -

an Elf Owl
a squirrel
a salamander
a Snowy Owl
a Pileated Woodpecker (actually, *any* woodpecker would do...)
a moose
a grackle
a cardinal

I could go on and on. I'd even love to see and hear a Whippoorwill. We
have a similar creature called a Tawny Frogmouth, but yours sounds so
exotic! ;D

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia