Old 31-12-2011, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Tomato Question

wrote:
On Dec 31, 4:59 pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
wrote:
I have a few tomatoes that have "crackeled" skin. What would cause
this? Is doesn't seem to bother the inside. I just can't figure out
what could cause it.

Uneven watering

Not splitting crackeling like a hard boiled egg ish

The ref to eggs confuses me, do you mean like a crackle finish on paint? How
about a photo? If something is altering the texture of the skin from the
usual smooth plump bag (but not causing splits in the fruit) it could be a
fungus getting started.