Old 02-01-2012, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Here We go Again

On Jan 2, 9:10*am, "Snag" wrote:
Steve Peek wrote:
wrote in message
Damn Deer came up on my porch and ate every stinking one of my
Panseys. Took them out of the pots and left them on the concrete.
There are woods all around us, why won't they leave me alone?????????

Who or what could resist a fresh salad this time of year? Venison is
delicious especially the backstrap. Marinade over night, grill to
just rare and slice thinly.
Steve

* All wild game should be cooked well done . Sounds like pansies might work
better than corn . And if it's up on your porch you can shoot it as an
"intruder" ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Medium rare venison backstrap or tenderloin is great. I leave it in
the freezer for a month to make sure any potential parasite, rare in
deer, is dead.

Wife will not allow me to hunt the deer that haunt our property. I've
gotten to the point that I refuse to put up netting to stop them.
There are plenty of plants that they will not eat unless absolutely
starving. A flight of steps is nothing to them and people are often
surprised that they will come on their porch.