Old 02-01-2012, 09:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_11_] Billy[_11_] is offline

Default Tomato Question

In article
,
" wrote:

On Dec 31, 5:30*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 31, 4:59 pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
wrote:
I have a few tomatoes that have "crackeled" skin. What would cause
this? Is doesn't seem to bother the inside. I just can't figure out
what could cause it.

Uneven watering

Not splitting crackeling like a hard boiled egg ish

The ref to eggs confuses me, do you mean like a crackle finish on paint? How
about a photo? *If something is altering the texture of the skin from the
usual smooth plump bag (but not causing splits in the fruit) it could be a
fungus getting started.

Kinda like paint yes. Not talented enough to send a photo. If it is a
fungus what should I look for?

Fuzz.

The inside seems fine

--

Billy

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 16 April 1953