Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Composting

Loosecanon wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:
Loosecanon wrote:

Has anyone here tried Bokashi composting ...

Will give Bokashi a go myself as I have access to materials. ...

What materials do you have? What do you think I meed?

The recipes I found on the net require spendin more cash
than me wife lets me spend.

Rice, water, jars, paper towel, rubber band, strainer, milk,
molasses/brown sugar, a new wife who doesn't control the
purse strings, newspaper or bran, some plastic buckets with
airtight lids and patience.

The hardest ingredient to find is a wife who doesn't control
the purse strings. I'll not marry again - training wifes is
too difficult.

Inspite of reading a lot of material on Bokashi, It's still
not clear to me how to make the stuff. I found someone selling
Bokashi Bran. But they say you have to ferment it yourself
before putting it into the compost. Do you really need a
special type of bran?

Dick