Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 PM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Peppers

On Jan 12, 4:43*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
mj wrote:
(Dick Adams) wrote:
mj wrote:
(Dick Adams) wrote:
I buy pepper plants from Cross Country www.chileplants.com because
they are a source for Red Savina Habeneros. Peppers are perenials.
So this year I'm hoping they will survive indoors. I don't have the
patience to grow from seed.
How do you keep them indoors? Grow Lights?
I plan on using an old hydroponics grow lamp.
Do they flower and get peppers or are you just able
to keep the plants alive?
I don't know as this will be the first year I try it.

Do you know someone that has had success with this?
What did they say?

Yes, but they are in Arizona where there is no frost. *Their point
was peppers and tomatoes are perennials. *So if you prune them, bring
them indoors, and keep them warm, they should prosper again next year.

Dick

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us all know how this plays
out. And on another note we sold the greenhouse to a guy from
Wilmington. Bought lumber today. Yours?