Old 18-01-2012, 06:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
JBurns JBurns is offline

Default Parsley

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:20:53 +1100, "Farm1"
wrote:

"Peter Costigan" wrote in message

We have had a row of parsley which were quite large start to rot off at
the crown. The roots look good, but the crown goes mushy. The first sign
is yellowing of the leaves and then the whole plant collapses within a day
or two. Over a few weeks a row of about 20 plants have gone.

Any clues? We are in the Southern Highlands NSW.

What an interesting problem. I've not come across it with my parsley and I
grow the flat leaved (Italian) variety in abundance. Terry's questiona
about misty weather instantly brought Robertson to mind since I grew up near
there. I'd love to know what it is, so if you do ever find out, could you
post here and let us know please?

Check your drainage. I had this happen, I had not noticed that the
pots were waterlogged.

JB