Old 27-01-2012, 03:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Government scheme could benifit you?

In article ,
thirty-six wrote:
On Jan 26, 9:22 pm, wrote:
In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:56:15 -0000, harryagain wrote:

Green deal.
http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cm...ng/green_deal/
green_deal.aspx

F.knows is there anything but quango speak there? I can't find
anything that says what is actually on offer, only wibble about the
administration and "safe guards".

Not that I can see. My assumption is that the 'standard methodology'
will be comparable to ISO 9000 - which is a standing joke in the
communities that have to comply with it. ALL that it requires is
that there be a procedure and that procedure is followed. Test
object. Tick. Ignore result of test. Tick. State that object
conforms to requirements. Tick. Pass conformance document to
customer. Tick. Hey presto - ISO 9000!

Does 9000 not require the procedure to be identified?

Yes. As in the example I gave. It does not require it to make any
sense, or even be relevant. Any competent purchaser of an ISO 9000
compliant product demands to see the procedure before taking any
notice of the claim, but you need to know quite a lot to be able to
judge a good procedure from a bad one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.