Old 29-01-2012, 04:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default the upside of wormlife

Bill who putters wrote:
My Dad and and used to go to the local school at night during a rain
storm. We would drive two metal copper spikes in the sandy ground about
6 feet apart which we connected to a car battery. This caused the
night crawlers to come to the surface. We are talking 10 inch guys.

hey, there you are! welcome back.

for the worm farm bins here i can go scratch
the edge of the ones that have nightcrawlers
with my fingernail and they'll surface. quite
quickly. the first time i did it by accident
(i was trying to get a piece of protruding
plastic off the edge of the lip so it wouldn't
snag the cover any more) it surprised me at
how fast they came up and completely out of
their burrow (not a common action).

songbird