Old 30-01-2012, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Egg shells as plant food

"David E. Ross" wrote:
songbird wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

Amigas & amigos, years ago I read that eggshell water is good for
plants. I don't remember more. I kept the container on the side
steps. NEVER smelled anything like the odor emanating from the water-
immersed egg shells.

Now I started saving them again, but before I concoct yet another
witches brew, could I sample the NG as to the usefulness/efficacy of
this project? If yes, then on which plants and how often.

for me recycling eggshells wasn't worth
the added expense. a bag of agricultural
lime ran about $6.50 for 50lbs. at the
rate i use it that should keep me a good
20 years or so.

songbird

Agricultural lime is hard to find in my area.

That's utter nonsense... agri lime is sold at every plant nursery in
the US, everywhere that sells lawn maintence and farming products
sells agri lime... not to mention all over the internet. Where's this
secretive area you live... in your lonely drug crazed fantasy world...
you're being ridiculous and dishonest.