Old 06-02-2012, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Outdoor thermostat and pond heater

On Feb 6, 12:31*pm, F news@nowhere wrote:
Management is concerned that the goldfish in the pond are, as last year,
going to die if the pond is frozen over for anything more than a few
hours, so it looks as though I need a heater, a thermostat to turn the
heater on when the temperature drops to ~0ºC, and an outdoor socket.

Toolstation do a suitable socket
(http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p77440), Seapets sell a heater
(http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/po...ent/pond-l...),
but I can't find a thermostat.

Anyone able to suggest a source for the thermostat? Comments on the
socket and heater would also be welcome.

A pool aerator keeps it ice free for a few degrees of frost. They
often have quite a long pipe anduse much less electricity.
My koi survived last Winter no problems.