Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Chilli-Geek Chilli-Geek is offline
Registered User

Hi Guys, i am new to this forum and found this thread so thought i would add my thoughts..

I grow alot of chillies each year, this year will be around 200 plants (by the time i have finished) or 40 or 50 varieties. i start them in a heated propagator set to around 25 degrees, this is because most of the plants i grow are classed as super hots.

I use peat free jiffy pellets for germination as they are easy to handle and give good results, i have started this years seeds and already have over 50% of them pop their little leaves up

this is the first year for many years i am not using a T5 propagation light to get them started but they are in a sunny window so all will be fine i'm sure.

i do not feed my plants until they start to get flower buds on them and then they get 1/3 strength tomato feed a maximum of once a week until they start to set peppers then i increase the strength of the feed..

I usually get a very good crop of chilli peppers in all shapes and sizes