Old 20-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Shiva

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:50:07 -0700,
(paghat) wrote:

You're doing it my way.

The nature-phobic gardening you describe as your friend's method seems to
be very common. I used to deeply wonder how it could ever have come about
that anyone could love flowers but hate nature.

What an interesting take on things. Could be. For my part, I notice
that this kind of, shalll we say, "controlling" ("tight-*ssed might
offend!) behavior tends to be exhibited throughout the lives of those
to whom it comes naturally. Very Virgo, you know? G I'm only half
kidding.

I love my friend, and would not have her any other way than exactly
the way she is. We provide good contrast for one another, and, of
course, also drive one another crazy at times.

To make a purchase of, say, a piece of furniture or clothing, she must
drag around to ALL stores and agonize over every choice. That bores me
so, I am more apt to order something directly from an online shop,
sight unseen. I actually ordered an armoire that way. To her way of
thinking, it should have been the wrong size, cheesy looking, etc. But
it was perfect. I was not punished for my slapdash ways, and I could
tell she was both amazed and irritated.

She spends nearly a full day going over each and every bill, credit
card statement, and her checking account, balancing the latter to the
penny. I have NEVER balanced my checking account. I just make sure the
money is in there before I write the check, then when I enter it in
the register I round up to avoid math errors. I have never bounced a
check. When I told her this, she just could not get her mind around
it.

On the flip side: I bought a front exterior light on a whim, and I
really am spacially challenged. It needed to be a size bigger. Too
lazy to take it back, I put it up anyway. So now if you look close,
you can see the hole made by the first one off to one side.

I think she rather enjoys that every time she rings the bell. It's
pretty light, though. G