Old 20-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Mimi De Moratti

Default Humane rat control

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:41:08 +0100, Bart Bailey wrote
(in message ):

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:51:33 +0100, Mimi De Moratti
wrote:

My house is surrounded by sheep/cows and wooden buildings storing hay etc.
My
house is also built of wood and I have two sheds in the garden. Rats
nested
in the compost heap which I have now cleared, but they are beginning to
get
out of control

Sounds like a solution looking for a problem.
IOW: Get some of those cat plagued urban gardeners,
to export their pesky feline visitors to your environs,
for mutual relief.

Bart

Forgive me if this appears twice - my newsreader is misbehaving!

Actually I don't like cats and have spent the past couple of years actively
discouraging them from my garden, quite successfully, in fact. If we could
discriminate about who they do and don't they murder it would, I suppose, be
a help. But there are several ferrals who roam at night and they have not
done the job!