Old 13-02-2012, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Patty Winter[_2_] Patty Winter[_2_] is offline

Default Curling leaves on shrimp plant

In article ,
RhodeD wrote:
On Feb 11, 4:54*pm, (Patty Winter) wrote:

The folks on that forum told her not to worry about it because
shrimp plants do that a lot, but it wasn't like that when I
bought it, so I don't think it's normal. Any suggestions?

I did a little research , mainly just images of the shrimp plant on
google, and found that most of the pictures (a good 90%) had the
curling leaves. I'm thinking maybe that's why it could have been
dubbed the shrimp plant, because of the way the pattern of the leaves
are which resembles a curling shrimp's tail......I could be wrong,
just a suggestion

:-) I think it's because of the flowers, but yes, the curling
does seem to happen a lot. As I mentioned, though, the plant
wasn't like that when it came from the nursery, so I think it
must be a nutrient problem. Evidently I'm not the only one to
screw that up. :-)

Patty