Old 20-04-2003, 11:20 PM

Default Dracaena. (Corn Plant) leafing

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:13:07 GMT, "Gloria Lenon"
wrote:

Don't cut into the stem. That will only encourage infection

I cut mine as it was getting too tall to be under the roof eaves, cut them
way back and got rewarded with 5 new shoots off the main stem. No problem
with infection. Also did this with my dracena marginata with great results.
Then I plunked the cut pieces into the ground at various areas around the
yard - all are growing.

Had to cut one of mine back about two years ago. It was about 12'
high with a very large leaf mass. My only other option was to cut a
hole in the ceiling. Cut it back in 12 - 14 inch increments.
Each piece potted into a new plant. Very easy to grow !!