Old 20-04-2003, 11:23 PM
bnd777

Default Humane rat control

Most cats are scared of rats according to the Ratman I know
"Mimi De Moratti" wrote in message
. co.uk...
On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:41:08 +0100, Bart Bailey wrote
(in message ):

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:51:33 +0100, Mimi De Moratti
wrote:

My house is surrounded by sheep/cows and wooden buildings storing hay

etc.
My
house is also built of wood and I have two sheds in the garden. Rats
nested
in the compost heap which I have now cleared, but they are beginning to
get
out of control, hiding in nooks and crannies. Has anyone any
experience of humane rat control?

Sounds like a solution looking for a problem.
IOW: Get some of those cat plagued urban gardeners,
to export their pesky feline visitors to your environs,
for mutual relief.

Bart

Well actually I don't like cats and have mananged over the past 3 years to
discourage them, very successfully in fact. My neighbour has 3 and there

is a
ferral cat who wanders around at night. Obviously they have not done the

job!