Old 19-02-2012, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Wow - fun with new chipper!

I acquired my first wood chipper today. What a fantastic toy! I spent four
hours sredding branches from some overgrown bushes that I heavily pruned
last week. Ended up with a fantastic quantity of good mulch.

After that, I shredded some seaweed I had gathered a few days ago. That
will make it much more suitable for brew-creating purposes.

I'm trying to think of some less-obvious things one might be able to turn
into mulch, with the help of one of these machines. Does anyone have any
ideas? Do you use your garden shredder for any other purposes, apart from
making wood-chip mulch?

TIA,

Al