Old 19-02-2012, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Wow - fun with new chipper!

"AL_n" wrote in message
Jake wrote in
:

Unfortunately the feed hole isn't big
enough to get SWMBO in following an argument.

funnily enough, I was wondering how it would serve as a coarse bonemeal-
maker... Unfortunately, I'm a vegitarian, and don't have a SWMBO, so I
don't find myself tossing many femurs and tibias into the kitchen waste.

It's not a good idea to use a shredder for things it's not designed
for and it can be a good idea to keep a little pile of dry wood
somewhere to feed through it if you're shredding a lot of softer green
growth - helps to keep it clean.

That seems wise. Thanks for the tip.

Al

I mentioned somewhere in a thread earlier that a gardener who gave our club
a talk said that he put new bought general purpose compost through his
chipper/shredder to give a much finer compost.
The shredder changed the compresed compost to a much lighter consistency .

Do what Jake said about keeping some dry wood handy to clean out the
cutters.

Bill