Old 20-02-2012, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Wow - fun with new chipper!

Jake wrote in
:

The other, more
expensive, type uses a crusher mechanism. Quieter and less likely to
clog so could be used to crush compost I suppose though I wouldn't
risk it as this type of shredder costs bucks!

I think that's what I've got. Here is a pictu
http://tinyurl.com/7z9duvg
The shredding mechanism looks like a 4" diameter gear wheel with hardened
edges to the teeth. It turns slowly (about 60 rpm) and drags the branches
(up to about 35mm thick) in, and chews them up. The seller advised not to
put my hand in there; can't think why. ;-)

Wish I had the original manual for it, just in case there are any important
maintenance jobs that need doing periodically.

Al