Old 20-02-2012, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Wow - fun with new chipper!

On Feb 20, 6:09*pm, "AL_n" wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote hill.co.uk:

On 20 Feb 2012 11:09:56 GMT, AL_n wrote:

I think that's what I've got. Here is a pictu
http://tinyurl.com/7z9duvg

That's not what I would call a chipper, that's a normal domestic
shredder.
Chippers are the things that you see the guys tidying up roadside
trees use, things that eat 4" dia branches at a foot or so per second

Anything that produces chips can be rightfully called a chipper. This
machine produces chips and/or shreds - depending on what you feed into it..
Feed branches in and it produces chips. Feed greenery in and it shreds.
Mopst of what I have done is producing chips. Therefore I call it my
chipper!

Al

It's one thing to put compost through your shredder but DON@T put soil
that may contain stones, they can be spat out at great speed.
Dangerous