Old 21-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Trish K.

Default need some soil amendment advice, I think.

Penny S. wrote:

OK, first we're building this wall, everyone please admire....

www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg

What was here was overgrown junipers, kinnikinnik, grass and weeds. We hand
pulled all the jumipers and dug the stumps out, killed the grass with
numerous applications of round up.

I really wanted to bobcat all the old crap out but that idea was vetoed. So
now we have a lot of dead rootmass from the grass. It's good for
stabilization on the slopes. As we gradually plant, we amend each large
hole very well. There are a good number of worms living here anyway.

The real question is, is there a recommended top dressing or product that
would help the root mass break down faster? As we fill in the uneven spots,
we are bringing in top quality bedding mix too.

thanks

penny s

Weeds don't grow under juniper, and my isn't that a different tonic
called 'Gin' (from juniper). my dear, you may count those roots
pesistant, at least moreso then ur average rooties, nice wall