Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Tomato starts

Billy wrote:
In article , "Snag"
wrote:

Mine have been up for a few days , and I've noticed the leaves are
kinda yellow . These are planted in potting/starter mix , new stuff
. They spend most of the day outside when it's sunny and above 50° .
I water when the soil getss dry about 1/8" deep , and the paper?
trays they're in have good drainage , so they're not in standing
water . The pumpkins planted the same day are fine , as are the
marigolds . I'm just wondering if this soil lacks something tomatoes
need . It does have slow-release fertilizer in the mix .

Tomatoes don't really do much (provided full sun & adequate water)
until the soil temp hits 60F (16C).

These trays are inside the house except when they are out on the front
porch in the sun ... soil temp should be well above 60° . I'm just wondering
why the leaves are so yellow - these are the first pair of leaves . Other
than the color they seem to be doing quite well .
--
Snag
Learning keeps