Old 14-03-2012, 08:44 PM
JonnyBeBad JonnyBeBad is offline
Registered User

Question Advice for Complete Novice

Last year I managed to successfully grow some very nice chillies in a pot on the kitchen window ledge. Having managed to grow something from seed that I could actually eat gave me the bug, so much so that this year I've already planted 3 types of chilli, a variety of peppers, mini cucumbers and both yellow and red cherry tomatoes suitable for hanging baskets.

Unfortunately, with my garden undergoing major reconstruction, I'm having to grow in either hanging baskets, tubs or pots.

I am also looking to grow some peas and if possible strawberries and blueberries but the advice I'm looking for now is:

a) Do tomatoes in hanging baskets require protection from birds, etc.?
b) What is the best way to protect fruit in pots from birds and insects?

Thanks in advance...