Old 16-03-2012, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default raspberry glencoe

bob mclaughlin said:

hi my first thread on garden banter.planted a couple of glencoe
raspberries last year and would like to know what pruning if any they
need.I read they are clump forming but no mention of pruning. thanks
for any help.

Glencoe is described as a summer fruiting black raspberry, so it fruits on
canes that grew the year before.

The new canes do not need pruning while they are growing.

In the fall, remove all canes that bore fruit that summer and thin the new
canes lightly (in particular, remove any thin or weak canes).

In the spring, prune back any winter-damaged tips to the first vigorous bud.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored