Old 17-03-2012, 01:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default a patch in progress

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:58:51 -0400, songbird
wrote:

songbird wrote:

i've been able to get back out there and
start weeding. the mouse-eared chickweed
is still trying to take over in places and
i'm determined to keep it from going any
further. i've got it back to about 10% of
the original invasion size. not much sign
of the sow thistle. good.

I wish I had your problem. I can't get chickweed to join my garden
and have to harvest from friends yards. Here in middle TN, the
chickweed dies quickly in the heat and is gone usually by May - who
knows this year where the tulips started blooming yesterday.

I use chickweed in an all purpose salve. It's very good for the skin.
(I also include plantain, yarrow and calendula, sometimes with a bit
of comfrey. Good for just about everything from mosquito bites to dogs
bites to chapped lips.)

Kate