Old 20-03-2012, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Pine mulch, or not.

On Mar 20, 2:19*pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
The tree fellers are busy across the road, at long last cutting down a row
of leylandii which this morning were about 10 feet taller than the houses..
They are shredding the branches into a truck, and I'm sure if I asked them
they'd let me have a load. I'm wondering about their suitability as a mulch
for the fruit bushes on the allotment to keep the weeds down. Anybody done
this, and is there a down side? OK, there's always a down side, what's the
down side here?

Steve

No problem. Get as much as you can. I use it for mulch and compost.
Stack it up somewhere if you have too much. Too valuble to let go!