Old 22-03-2012, 11:35 AM
BlackThumb BlackThumb is offline
Registered User

Location: England

Thank you again for your replies!

So it seems it is possible to grow outside in England. The brown tips on the leaves haven't spread since I moved it away from the window, so if that was either caused by the cold or too much sun, then I wonder if it is okay to put outside.

When I bought the plant, I did some research and a couple of websites said to keep it indoors in the winter, or in a cool green house/conservatory.

Also, when sites say to harvest the new shoots in spring-autumn, does this mean all the new leaves? If that's the case, then how can pruning it make it bush if you harvest the new leaves? Sorry, I'm new go gardening, but I'm enjoying it!