Old 22-03-2012, 11:25 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmscott View Post
So I've had my orchid for nearly a year and have noticed the new flowering stem is growing horizontally. It's only about 3cm long at this point and I don't have a clue what to do. Leave it and see what happens? Or trim it back and put a spike cane next to it? Thanks

Rachael
Check whether its a root or flower spikes. If its a flower spikes then place a small stake along side the flower spike and train it upright. If they are roots, then no need to worry. Good healthy roots are necessary for a good healthy plant and good flowering.
Fruit Trees