Old 22-03-2012, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Transplanting my seedlings

I have transplanted most of the seedlings that I started earlier.
Today I did 64 mostly tomato plants. Since I usually manage to get
them mixed up I adapted the method that someone here described a few
weeks, marking a start corner and the doing a grid, A thru L and 1
thru 6. Then making a chart listing what is in A1 or c6. I made a
chart using graph paper. I was careful and since all but one row in
each of the boxes were tomatoes I put another kind of plant in a row
so that if the tray tag got lost or switched I would be able to figure
out which tray is which.

The graph paper can be made for free he
http://www.incompetech.com/graphpaper/

I used an asymmetric plan so my charts matched my trays.

I'm golden if I don't lose my charts.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills