Old 25-03-2012, 06:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pumps

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:48:10 EDT, JB wrote:

On 3/21/2012 6:57 AM, Peter Pan wrote:
Hello everyone..
I need to replace a pump for my mothers pond.. I can't remember what
the ratio is for turning over the water per hr. I.e. if she has a 200
gal pump do I need a 200 gph pump or something larger or smaller..
Thank you

I'm pretty excited.. I'm opening my pond in the next few days getting
ready for spring.. Im anxious to see how much they grew over the
winter..

If I recall correctly, the rule of thumb is once per hour. If so, you'll
need a 200 gph, minimum.

What kind of filter are you using?

Often a smaller pond, assuming he meant to say (200 gallon pond) one would
turn over 4x's/hour similar to an aquarium. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us