Old 07-04-2012, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
fran fran is offline

Default Gertrude jekyl rose pruning question

Feed it. Roses are heavy feeders in the spring.

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 08:27:18 +0000, yorkshirelass
wrote:

My container grown Gertrude Jeykell rose has just come through it's 2nd
winter and looks very spindly. I have pruned it down to the nearest bud
but there are no buds lower down that I can see. Is it safe to just cut
it down to about 12" or should I just give it a feed and hope for the
best? Any help gratefully received
[image: http://i40.tinypic.com/124ejkm.jpg]

[image: http://i39.tinypic.com/az6sf7.jpg]

[image: http://i44.tinypic.com/18lmci.jpg]