Old 15-04-2012, 05:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default swiss chard

In article ,
songbird wrote:

they simply do not like beets.

Tastes do vary. Some of them are genetic variations (in people) and
others are just preference.

In the former category, cilantro, or as I call it, moldy-sock-plant,
which restaurants have become frond of tossing in things where they
don't mention it on the menu. AKA Mexican parsley and fresh coriander. I
can taste the revolting crap in dishes where people that like the stuff
can't. I can think of no method of preparing a substance that tastes
like mouldy socks that would in any way appeal to me. Well, perhaps
gathering 100% of the worldwide genetic stock someplace and roasting at
5000 degrees for 16 hours would do it. ;-)

In the "probably latter but I don't know" the entire brassica family.
Saurkraut is the only thing from there I can stand, and I suspect it's
because the notorious stink of krauting is the removal of an obnoxious
sulfur compound I cannot stand, otherwise typical of the family.