Old 21-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Frank Henderson

Default Unknown lawnmower

I pulled an unknown brand self-propelled walk-behind mulching mower
out of the trash last year and it runs great. It's just that the rear
deck where the driving wheels are located is cracked and prevents
proper wheel adjustment. The identification plate is totally wiped
out. The store name on the machine is Hechinger, which was a Home
Depot-type store here in the mid-Atlantic states until a few years
ago. It's got a 5 horse Quantam engine. I'd like to replace the
cracked drive wheel deck (don't know what else to call it) but I have
no idea of its original brand (probably MTD or some such). I was
wondering if one of you who might deal with or repair mowers might be
able to recognize it from a photo and tell me the part, I'd buy it
from you.

Frank H.