Old 21-04-2003, 09:20 PM

Default Where to find tomato cages ?

In article , Don S. wrote:
Hi. Is there a good source in the Raleigh area for fencing, to make tomato
cages ? The openings in the rolls of fencing wire at Home Depot and Lowes
are too small. Lowes did have one with larger openings, but it was a $75 roll
with about 350 feet of fencing on it - too much for me. The stuff I'm
interested in is 4 to 5 feet tall, with openings about 4" square. The
concrete reinforcement wire has a larger wire gauge than I'd prefer.

Thanx.....don

In my opinion the concrete reinforcing wire is the only way to go, but I
have use 2inch by 4inch welded wire and cut larger holes. It is ridgid
enough to standup under heavy vines. The concrete wire does take more
energy to cut. I acquired a bolt cutter for other reasons and I now use
it to cut the wire but bending is still a chore.

My kids gave me a 50 foot roll which should be good for 6 or 7 to
replace those which have rusted out. I expect to get at least 5 years
from them.

I have thought about making some forsale but never got around to finding
time or a price.

--
Wes Dukes (wdukesNOatSPAMpoboxdotcom)