Old 22-04-2003, 01:08 AM
NewsUser

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
.. .
I plunged the
shovel into the ground, pushed with my boot, and applied leverage to free
the azalea. The plant popped right out and when I looked down I had a

large
dazed mole in the shovel! I had to look twice as I was totally amazed to
see that I had removed both the dead plant and a completely intact animal

in
a single effort.

The mole looked dazed. It barely moved. My first reaction was to drop it
and cut it in two with the shovel. I put it on the ground and poked it
lightly with the shovel. It let out a pathetic squeal. I couldn't bring
myself to kill it so I just picked it up with the shovel and tossed it a
couple of feet into the wood. It laid there for a few minutes. When I
checked back later it was gone. I thought that anyone could kill a mole,
but only an intelligent being could lean to live with them.

I've heard that high pitched mewing too. It reminds you this is another
living creature. My dogs catch moles and drop them right at my feet, usually
alive. I can't kill the little buggers so I take them down to the wildlife
area and let them go in the tall brush where they can hide. Oh, the mole
mounds you see there now......