Old 22-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Kelly Upton

Default substrate question

I see you all are saying sand is bad. If that is true then I have a
problem! Hubby helped me set my tank up and put in about 2-3" of the silica
sand he uses in his reef tank. Now I have a fish and some plants living in
it. I mixed my rocks in with the sand before he put it in there because I
really liked my rocks, so the sand is broken up a lot. But what do I do
now??!! Should I take it out, leave it alone, or just cross my fingers?
All the plants I have are growing really well and don't seem to be suffering
any. My banana plant puts out about 1 new leaf a week. Now you all have me
paranoid about vacuuming the top of my sand or even planting another
plant!!!!!!!