Old 16-05-2012, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Help please! Chilli plants, leaves brown/white

aress said:

It looks a bit (to me) like they were sunburned. It can happen when
plants are moved abruptly from a lower light condition to full sunlight.

new to this forum, I would appreciate any help or advice on this
problem.

At the beginning of February this year, I decided to sow 11 varieties of
chilli plants, ranging from Habanero all the way to Scorpion Butch T. I
propgated them indoors, in lidded propogatoers, and in a warm, sunny
room. They germinated very quickly and began to leaf.

Once they were strong enough to handle, I transplanted them to

seedling
trays, and then into my greenhouse. They seemed to be doing very

well,
with big, green, healthy leaves.

But over the past week or so, I have been noticing that a lot of the
leaves are rapidly decaying, showing black, brown or white spots, and a
couple of leaves of some plants have begun to deteriorate. I have
attached 4 photos as one image for you to look at.

I have put a lot of work into this crop, and am quite concerned that
this is happening. Could anyone advise me what is happening to my

chilli
plants, and perhaps how to bring them back to health, so that I might
have a good crop after the summer?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

|Filename: chilli_photos_4.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php

attachmentid=14994|

Pat in Plymouth MI