Old 21-05-2012, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Rhubarb Millionaires?

Just checked and at Asda rhubarb is £5 a kilo.

Checked the relatively small bag we brought back from the allotment and it
weighs 2.2 kilos - so £11 worth at the till :-)

We dropped of a really big bag (possibly 4 times the size or more) at the
care home where my MIL is staying for the staff to share.
Got a really big smile - which is not surprising as we just dropped off
£40 - £50 worth of rhubarb at the door.

This has got to cover our allotment renatl and allotment society
subscriptions for the year :-)

We inherited the rhubarb with the allotment and this isn't the first crop we
have had, nor the last.
Given the amount of rhubarb on the other allotments which is just not being
gathered I am amazed at the price in the shops.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder