Old 27-05-2012, 03:30 PM
sproggy sproggy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBaroness View Post
I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT THE ANTS DO DESTROY THE ROOTS. MAYBE THEIR NOT EATING THEM BUT THEY ARE TUNNELING THROUGH THEM AND KILLING THEM. I JUST PULLED UP TWO OF MY POTATO PLANTS THAT WERE DOING SO GREAT AND THE ANTS HAVE TUNNELED THROUGH THEM AND KILLED THEM IN TWO DAYS.
Dont know if im doing this right,and I know its an old post,but I have exactly the same problem.Ants are definatly eating the stems of both cabbage and broccolie in my garden.Thers no other pests in evidence and they are attacking the stems at ground level,no evidence of root or any other areas just the stems