Old 31-05-2012, 09:15 PM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default First Harvest

On May 31, 2:09*pm, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:
On 05/30/2012 05:59 AM, mj wrote: Picked my first zucchini yesterday.

Wow, your garden is way ahead of ours. * The only harvest so far was
sugar snap peas and they are gone.

Our best tomato plants are three feet high, have blossoms and a few tiny
fruits.

The cucumbers have flowers and are starting to run.

A gardening mystery: we planted lots of cucumber and basil seeds. * All
were fresh stock from reputable suppliers. * The soil is rich, warm, and
moist. * *Cucumbers and basil were big producers last year. * This year
nothing came up. * Nothing! * Is something below ground eating the
newly-sprouted seeds?

Daniel B. Martin

Moles? Voles? That is the only thing I can think of that would be
underground. I have had them in the past but they never bothered
anything, including cucumbers. Could have you planted too deep? Have
you tried to replant more seeds?
MJ