Old 14-06-2012, 05:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Pre-treating soil before turfing

Steveg wrote:
Linking this to my post on yellowing lawn I am confused. Here people
are saying it is an acceptable idea to add compost prior to turfing
and yet from answers I have had it is suggested that compost in the
soil that i added a year ago prior to turfing has initially striped
out the nitrogen and resulted in poor growth and yellowing in the
lawn. An explanation of the correct use / role of adding compost
please .......... thanks

Compost is good. Low N is not. So adding some N after adding compost may be
helpful.